For understanding: What is Dehonian?
What is not Dehonian?
To confront us with something greater:
our charism, spirituality, “Dehonianity”
From personal to the level
of whole the Congregation.
just show it and share
Make the Mission Statement present as much as possible!
We remember more what we see than what we hear!
confront ourselves with it
Below you will find some concrete examples
of how to put the Mission Statement into practice on different levels.
- How have I witnessed God’s love?
- In what moments have I opened my heart?
- Where have I used the capacities of my mind?
- What is my involvement in the mission?
- Has the Eucharist inspired the day?
- Have I lived community life as a testimony of unity?
Pastoral discernment (in a school):
- Does [our school] witness God’s love for everybody?
- How does [our school] contribute to deep transformation [our students and their families]?
- How does it serve the transformation of our context?
- What does it mean for us to [educate] in an open heart and an open mind?
- Who are the most needy in [our school]?
- In what sense are they privileged?
Discernment of a new mission:
- What is the transforming effect of this new presence?
- How can it witness God’s love?
- Who are the privileged recipients?
- How do we include educational, social, missionary, spiritual and communicative actions?
- How do we make Eucharist the base of the mission?
- Does the mission help to witness community life?
Don't be afraid!
Share with us what you have done to practice our Mission Statement
in your spiritual life and/or pastoral activity!